Friday, August 22, 2014

We're Like the Moon

A few nights ago I was reading in one of my devotional/ bible study books. The lesson included a story called the Moon’s Story. I had never heard this story but it really touched my heart and opened my eyes. To me, it is such a great visual representation of what we are without God and how we need him. If you have never read the Moon’s Story, click here to read it.

 
This line really struck out to me. Without God we are nothing and have nothing. When we are fully committed to God and living for his glory, we reflect his light and radiate his love. Our purpose is to glorify God and we can’t do that if we are half facing him. It is so easy to lose focus on the Creator and get distracted by all he has created. I pray that we can live life as full time Christians not just Sunday morning Christians. I want my life to radiate Christ from the inside out. With school starting, I have been focusing on and trying to glorify God in everything I do. Whether it be school work, sports, or just hanging, I want to do it for God and his glory because without him I am nothing.
What do think of the Moon’s Story? Comment below or on Instagram your thoughts. I would love to know what you think about this story and/or how you live to glorify God. Thanks so much for reading! Be sure to follow me on Instagram @MonogrammedMadison.
XOXO,
Monogrammed Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment