Friday, April 3, 2015

friday fun

Fridays rock but today like really, really rocked. This Friday was filled with French toast, fresh flowers, friends, fine arts, and fresh air (alliteration on point!). Since it’s Good Friday, I had off of school and I spent my day doing some of my favorite things.

I started the day off at one of my favorite breakfast places, Daily Eats (and yes I post way too much about their French toast but its SO good!) I met up with five girls from the Tampa Bay area who are also going to be, like me, freshman at Auburn University this fall. It was so exciting to meet these girls. We chatted all about our favorite things to do in Tampa and what we are looking forward to in college.


After finishing my delicious French toast and saying goodbye to my new friends, I went to Trader Joe's to pick up some fresh flowers because you doesn’t love fresh flowers?! I was a little very indecisive when it came to picking out which bouquet to get. I ended up going with the adorable, bright pink tulips. They seemed perfect for Easter weekend. 



Once I finally picked which flowers to get, I headed to Davis Island to meet Ali (@thehappyprepster) and my friend Emily for tea and a bible study. Again, I was a little indecisive when it came to picking out which tea to get but in my defense there were like a hundred to choose from. I ended up getting my usual, the mint julep. 



We caught up on life, talking about the struggles of being a second semester senior, our excitement for college, and then dived into a bible study. We started the She Reads Truth fourteen day study called Open Your Bible. I cannot wait to share in later posts more about this series. I have a feeling the next fourteen days are going to be amazing!


It’s crazy to think my Friday still isn’t over (crazy right?!). Following our awesome bible study, I said bye to Ali and Emily and took a visit to the Tampa Bay Museum of Art. In no way do I consider myself an “artsy” or “museum” kind of person. This visit was strictly for the purpose of a school assignment, but it turned out to be a fun experience. I came to look at the classical art and ended up spending most of my visit looking the more modern art by Norman Rockwell which is really cool!







I concluded this fun Friday by blogging in my eno at Curtis Hixon Park which is next to the art museum. I had such a great day off filled with all of my favorite things. I am looking forward to the rest of Easter weekend and spending time with my family. 



Be sure to follow more of my adventures on Instagram, @monogrammedmadison. Comment below what your idea of a perfect day is!

2 comments: