Wednesday, April 1, 2015

chasing after laughter


Spring is in full bloom here in Florida (literally). This afternoon I was laughing and frolicking - did I really just say frolicking - around in my new favorite shorts while taking pictures with Macey (@ohmyprep). After our impromptu mini photoshoot (that's a thing, right?), I was looking through the dozens of pictures that we took and couldn't help but notice how many of them I was laughing in and not in the "make me laugh, I need a cute candid" kind of laughing but the truly happy kind of laughing. 


Like the book of Ecclesiastes says, there is a time for everything. There is a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance. (Ecclesiastes 3:1,4) Lately, I have really been feeling joyful. No life isn't going perfect and yes, things are stressful, but I am focused on God and allowing His peace to bring me joy. With graduation quickly approaching and planning for college, this is a time for me to be happy and get excited for the future. *insert happy dance here* I have been trying to take each day as it comes seeking the greatness even in the tough days or the plain ole' boring days.





Today, I just wanted to encourage you to chase after laughter. Look for things to make you smile. Laugh at other people's jokes, no matter how cheesy they may be. Laugh at silly things like the funny sound your sneakers make when you walk on tile. Laugh at yourself. Nothing is better than being able to laugh at yourself. I probably laugh at myself more than most people laugh in a day. 

I've always heard that "laughing is the best medicine" and even The Bible says it is in Proverbs 17:22, a cheerful heart is good medicine. Today, try not to take everything so seriously and laugh a little (or a lot!) 


This is me chasing after laughter (thanks for capturing this Macey!). My clothing is all from Target, my shoes are Jack Rogers, and my monogram necklace is from Etsy. Be sure to follow me on Instagram to keep up with more of my adventures.  Comment below and on Instagram what makes you smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment