Saturday, April 11, 2015

accountability


This past week, Ali (@thehappyprepster), my friend Emily, and I dove into a series called Open Your Bible from the She Reads Truth website. Initially I was most excited about diving into God's word and fellowshipping with these sweet girls. I had no idea how much being accountable would positively effect my relationship with God. 

Each day for the past week we have individually done that day's devotional and then shared our thoughts on a group message. Throughout the week we also sent prayer requests and just shared things about our week. It sounds so simple, and it really is, but that group message encouraged me to stay focused on God and in His word all week. (By no means am I say it went perfect, I did skip the devotional on Thursday, but they kept me accountable!)

God calls us to share in this type of way. In Thessalonians 5:11 we are told to encourage one another and build each other up. It's so simply, yet so effective, to be able to send or read an encouraging word from Ali or Emily at random times of the day. Also, my relationship with God has deepened. I been spending more time in prayer since the start of this series. I honestly believe, like in Proverbs 13:20, that when you walk with the wise, you become wise. I have loved sharing my thoughts and hearing (rather reading on text) their interpretations of each day's devotional.

I want to encourage you to grab a few friends and start keeping each other accountable. Honestly it so easy; all you need a bible study (She Reads Truth is my personal fave- it's free and online!), your bible, possibly a cute notebook, and a group message. Comment below your thoughts below!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I was nominated for the Liebster Award and in the tradition of the Liebster Award, I nominated 11 other people. You were one of the nominees!

    If you don't already know, the Liebster Award is a blogging award to help people discover new bloggers. How it works is someone nominates 11 people and gives them 11 questions to answer. The nominees all answer those questions, create their own 11 new questions, and nominate their own 11 new people.

    My post will go up On Friday May 8th at 12pm Pacific time on https://www.runningalyssa.blogspot.com

    Xoxo,
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete