Monday, March 30, 2015

important reminders

Have you ever had one of those days? Ya know, the days where you fail a test & end up balling your eyes out while sitting in your car. Okay, maybe that’s just me but I am sure we’ve all experienced some sort of (at the time seemingly) disastrous event. For me, many of these “disastrous” times are school related.

Last week, I was spending most of my time preparing for a big test. Countless hours studying and many cups of coffee later, I failed it. Yes, failed. 

Now looking back it, I see how I was overreacting but when I received my grade I was a mess, like sitting-in-my-car-ugly-crying a mess. 

That morning for some reason I decided to toss my bible in my backpack which isn’t something I usually do. While sitting in my car being a mess, I reached for my bible and desperately typed into Google “devotionals for when you fail a test.” To my surprise there were lots of results. I clicked on the first one (click here). This devotional was simple but exactly what I needed to be reminded of.

When my world is turned upside down I need to remember…

God loves me.
No matter what happens, God doesn’t love me any less.
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that’s what we are! -1 John 3:1

God knows me better than you know myself.
You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is even formed on my tongue, you know if completely. -Psalm 139:1-4

God knows the future and He is in control of everything.
I need to trust that He knows what he is doing.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. -Psalm 139:16

God’s plans may be different from my plans
but God’s plans > my plans.
In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. -Proverbs 16:9

Many are the plans in a person’s heart but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. -Proverbs 19:21

God is more concerned with who we are than what we do.
God’s ultimate purpose for my life is for me to be more like Jesus. I cannot do that when I rest on others or academics for my self-esteem.

And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. -Romans 8:28-29

There is nothing too big for God to deal with, so pray, and pray, and pray.
Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. -1 Peter 5:7

Whatever you may be going through this morning or this week or even this month, always remembered that God cares about YOU (yes, you who is reading this!) and whether we realize it or understand it, God does everything for our good. With that said, you go kick Monday morning's butt!

1 comment: