Friday, October 10, 2014

Busy, busy, busy

Life is busy. As many of you know, I am a senior in high school which means I keep busy with studying, college applications, golf practice, and my youth group. But no matter how old you are or how you spend your days, most of us are busy.
 

Lately, I have found myself focusing more on myself and what I “need” to do and less on God and what He wants me to do. I have been feeling distant from God. I haven’t been consistently spending time and reading God’s word for the past week or so. I guess you could say I have been having that “blah” feeling. I feel like everyone goes through times like this (or at least I hope I am not the only one).
But on my way to school yesterday, I witnessed the most beautiful sunrise. The vibrant colors seemed to radiate brighter than ever. This sunrise got me thinking about how amazing God, the creator of the universe, is. Seeing His beautiful masterpiece yesterday morning snapped me out of that “blah” feeling.
 This picture doesn't even do the sunrise justice.
Nothing in this world will ever be as consistent or everlasting as God and the great love He has for each of us. Sometimes we overlook the part that God is both great and good. He is great and powerful, but He is also good and cares for each of us individually. We look to people or school or other things to help us get where we want to be, when really we should look to God because He is the only one that can help us.
So, if you’ve been having that “blah” feeling, seek God and you will find Him. Remember that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and hopefully gets the chance to relax. Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram @MonogrammedMadison and Twitter @MonogramMadison.
XOXO,
Monogrammed Madison


No comments:

Post a Comment