Sunday, October 5, 2014

Looking Forward to Fall

Well, it hasn’t been feeling much like fall here in the Sunshine State until this morning. I woke up and it was in the mid-60s! Immediately I stuck one of pumpkin spice K-cups into my Keurig and frantically dug through my closet looking for boots and a scarf. For those of you who live where fall is actually a season, you are probably laughing at me but this weather only comes a few times a year for this Florida girl. As I was sipping on my hot (not iced!) pumpkin spice coffee before church, I was thinking about all the exciting things about fall and decided to share my favorites with you.


1. Scarves
Scarves are my absolute favorite accessory. Although I wear them year round, fall scarves are my favorite. My go-to fall outfit is a puffer vest with a cute scarf. I am definitely looking forward to bringing out my monogrammed puffer vest and plaid scarf soon!
 
2. Fall Scented Candles
Pumpkin, cinnamon, apple cider, oh my! Fall scented candles smell so good that I want to eat them. My all-time favorite is Leaves from Bath and Body Works. It is a mix of golden nectar, red apple, and spiced berries. Coming home to a delicious smelling house is one of my favorite things about fall.

3. Decorating a Pumpkin
It is always fun to have some friends over and spent the night drinking warm apple cider and decorating pumpkins. I typically don’t carve pumpkins (too messy!). I prefer to paint them with acrylic paint and add ribbon. Last year I painted white monogram and added a cute hound’s tooth bow to my pumpkin. Any ideas for this year’s pumpkin?

4. Fall Themed Desserts
Nothing is yummier than pumpkin spice cupcakes and grilled peach ice cream sundaes with caramel. Enough said.

If you can’t tell, I really love fall. From cooler weather (sometimes), scarves with puffer vests, football, and lots of yummy food, everything is better in fall. What are you looking forward to in fall?
Monogrammed Madison
Instagram: @MonogrammedMadison
Twitter: @MonogramMadison

No comments:

Post a Comment