Sunday, October 12, 2014

I Love Snail-Mail

Yes, people do still send old-fashion cards and no I’m not talking about e-cards. I love sending and receiving “snail-mail.” I recently have acquired a few pen pals through blogging and was re-reminded how amazing snail-mail is. In this post I will be sharing with you why I love snail-mail so much and hopefully encourage you to pop a card in the mail to someone you love.


 
1. The creativity
Whether you are simply picking out a box of stationary or creating your own, I love the creativity that goes into all the aspects of snail-mail. From the color scheme and theme of the card, the font used, and how you seal and address the envelope, sending cute snail-mail is really a form of art.

 
2. The message
Little thought goes into sending a quick text or email, but when I write a card I usually take time to process and develop what I want to say. I find that this makes for a more meaning message. I enjoy writing both quick ‘thinking of you’ cards and long, thought out cards, just depends on the need of the card and the receiver.

 
3. The receiving
I don’t know about you, but receiving something in the mail brings me such happiness (usually because it’s an online purchase, but sometimes it’s a card from someone). When I send a card, I hope that it makes someone smile and reminds them that someone loves them. To me, sending snail-mail is like sending happiness (cheesy but true).

4. The tangibility
I keep many of the cards and letters I have received in my life. Unlike a text message, I can hang a notecard on my bulletin board or keep it in my planner for whenever I want to read it. Reading old letters is like talking to that person and brings me such comfort.

So as you can tell, I really adore sending and receiving snail-mail even if it is a dying practice. I encourage you this week to try and pop a note in the mail to someone you love or miss. Be sure to follow my adventures on Instagram @MonogrammedMadison and Twitter @MonogramMadison.

1 comment:

  1. We recently discovered your blog!
    We love your posts, and love following you on Bloglovin'!
    If you would, check out our blog?
    Xoxo,
    Emily & Kaitlyn

    http://everythingkkmeke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete