Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Presents

Already another Christmas has come and gone, it seems like this time of year always goes by so quickly. Like many families, yesterday morning was spent sipping hot chocolate and opening presents. Today I will be sharing with y’all the most meaningful gift I received this Christmas.


The last present I opened on Christmas morning was a small gift bag that held a beautiful passport cover and a passport application. For months now, a missions trip has been on my heart. I’ve been praying about and seeking opportunities to go on a missions trip. Opening this present on Christmas morning filled my heart with such joy. It truly is going to happen. I’m going to have the opportunity to go down to the Dominican Republic this summer and share the glory and love of Jesus Christ.
Honestly, opening this gift almost brought me to tears and just made it all so real. Then, Christmas afternoon my family headed over to my aunt’s house for the big family dinner. We again exchanged gifts and I received many gifts to help pay for my missions trip. 

With paying for college and other expenses coming up, I wasn’t sure if I would be able to go on a missions trip at this time, but I am quickly seeing that God is making a way with generous donations and fundraising opportunities. If you ever feel like you are being called to go on a missions trip, don’t let the financial cost keep you from going. Money isn’t an obstacle for God and his will.
I am looking forward to learning more about what our group will being doing down in the DR and how God will prepare and use us to glorify him. This was such a meaningful and memorable Christmas. I hope y’all had a very merry Christmas filled with laughter and memories.

Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.
-1 Chronicles 16:24
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment