Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Sending Holiday Cheer


For those of you who have been following my blog for any amount of time probably know how much I love good ole’ snail mail. This holiday season I found a way to combine my adoration of old fashion mail and making others smile. While online, I stumbled upon the website sendkidstheworld.com. The websites enables people from all over the world to share words of encouragement by sending cards to children with life threatening illnesses.

Last night, I made a dozen cards and spent hours on the website. The website provides you with a picture of the child, their interests, their diagnosis, and their story. Reading through countless heartbreaking stories really made me realize how blessed I am. I chose children that had similar interests to me and talked about those things in the card.
I’m sharing this opportunity on my blog because I think it’s such an easy and inexpensive way to provide positivity, especially around the holidays. A simple note with some encouragement would mean so much to a sick child. I hope you take the time this holiday season to grab a box of stationery and visit this website (here).

No comments:

Post a Comment