Sunday, December 14, 2014

Share Your Story Sunday {Week Two}

Today I am excited to welcome the Happy Prepster to my blog. Her story will be the second story in my new series entitled Share Your Story Sunday. Be sure to check out my story in last week's post. I had the opportunity to connect with the Happy Prepster on Instagram a few months ago and have continued to fall in love with her account, her monthly scripture cards, and her passion for Christ. I hope you enjoy reading her story and check out her Instagram and adorable Etsy shop.


I was born in Florida and have been living here my whole life. Similar to the beginning of most testimonies, I was born into a Christian home with loving parents and went to a private school where I did well and was, for the most part, very happy. My 7th grade year, I experienced the typical middle school bullying and at the time, it seemed like the end of the world but coming out of my middle school and learning to not let words get the best of me, ultimately made me a much stronger person.

When I graduated and moved on to high school, everything changed. I was taken out of my private school bubble and was exposed to “the real world”. Through out my first 2 years of high school, I came into horrible contact with drinking, bad friends, even worse boys, drugs, partying, abuse etc. They were all things that I had heard about in movies and books but never something that I actually thought I would experience.

Then finally, a friend who I was so blessed to have at the time, came into my life and showed me what it truly meant to be a Christian. He explained to me that being a Christian is more than just believing in God or doing good things. It’s about serving others, doing a daily devotional, wanting to grow stronger in your faith, and loving on people as much as you possibly can. He brought me to a youth group that radically changed my life and I accepted Christ within the first night there. Immediately, I was over come with joy. I had never felt so much acceptance, love and happiness. Even though I had always had a lot of friends and had never been particularly unhappy, I realized that I had always been missing a key component to my happiness and that was a real relationship with God.

Today I continue to worship God through prayer, thankfulness and most of all my business. I love spreading His word through scripture cards and faith filled canvases and I love brightening people’s days with unexpected gifts. Even after becoming a true follower of Christ, however, I still have struggles. I still have friends who aren’t Christians and who unfortunately probably never will be and I have to deal with the pressure and the fact that I will probably be the only Jesus that some of them see. I also still deal with the stresses of school and work and everything else that comes my way but what’s different about those struggles now, is that I know God will always be by my side and He has a wonderful plan and future for me.


Ali McGary
Insta: @thehappyprepster
Etsy store: The Happy Prepster

No comments:

Post a Comment