Saturday, December 27, 2014

Winter Break Part One Recap

Well, Christmas has passed which means winter break is half over. This year’s winter break has been filled with friends, family, food, and lots of laughter. I’ve made memories with all of them this winter break that I will never forget. Today, I wanted to share some of the things I have done over the first half of winter break.

The Nutcracker and Nostalgia
It’s not Christmas without the Nutcracker. Like I have mentioned in previous posts, I was a ballet dancer and danced in the Nutcracker for over ten years. This year was the second year watching the show from the audience. My friend Carrie, who also used to dance, and I saw the Nutcracker and spent hours after reminiscing of our dancing days.

 
Coco and the Causeway with Celene (alliteration at it’s finest)
Living in Florida, I always dream of a white Christmas but settle with a sandy one. My friend Celene and I watched the sunset while sipping on hot chocolate and exchanging presents. I’m sure some of my northern readers are laughing at me right now, but hey it was like 65 degrees outside which is pretty chilly for Florida.



Working Girl
For the past few months I have been interning at a local pharmacy once a week, but over break I was offered a part time job at the pharmacy. The opportunity to gain insight and experience in my future career field has been awesome. I am loving my job and all that I learning.

Christmas Chaos
My youth group celebrated Christmas with fake snow, an ice ball fight (which was a lot more painful than anticipated), and Christmas karaoke. It was such a great time and I don’t think I’ve laughed that hard in a long time.
Santa's favorite little elf, Sarah.
Downtown Shenanigans
My friends and I headed downtown one evening over break to enjoy the pretty city lights and dinner. Celene brought her camera and took over a hundred pictures capturing some sweet moments and some hilarious moments.

We may have snuck into a rooftop party, but look at this view!

So festive.

Celene says, "turn around" and this is the face we both make.
Never a dull moment with us!

Christmas Eve Eve Tea
On Christmas Eve Eve (the day before Christmas Eve), my friends and I had a tea party. As kiddish as it sounds, it was seriously so fun. We laughed, told stories, and sipped on tea for hours.

 

 
Christmas Eve
Is it weird that I like Christmas Eve more than actual Christmas? Anyway, my family attended a candlelight church service at my church which was beautiful. This service is one of favorites every year. The dark room lit only by candles gives such a picture of how Jesus is our light in the darkness.  

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of
the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but
will have the light of life,"
-John 8:12

Following church, my family headed to dinner. We enjoyed a delicious meal with favorites like guacamole, smoked Gouda grits, and tableside campfire s’mores (which is exactly what it sounds, a mini campfire on your table).  
 
Feeling like Blair Waldorf with my plaid dress, headband, and pearls.
I love my mama!


Christmas Day
Christmas morning was spent sipping hot chocolate and exchanging gifts. Be sure to check out yesterday’s blog post about my most cherished Christmas present. Then, my aunt and uncle came over for a breakfast. At breakfast I may have eaten my weight in waffles and bacon.
The magic of Christmas morning.

Christmas afternoon was spent at my other aunt’s house for the big family dinner. And when I say big, I mean like over forty people. We have a big family so there is lots of noise and laughter.

Once driving home from my aunt’s, my family enjoyed more hot chocolate and cookies and watched the movie Christmas Vacation. It was such a perfect ending to the busy day.

We thought we were cute with our matching initial mugs.

Today I shared some of the highlights of my winter break. I am looking forward to New Years and the second half of winter break. I would for you to share some of your winter break highlights or Christmas traditions, comment below or on Instagram. Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and have a happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment