Saturday, January 3, 2015

{finally} meeting macey


 
After months of liking each other’s pictures on Instagram and then realizing we live twenty minutes from each other, Macey (@ohmyprep) and I finally met up for brunch at the Oxford Exchange this morning.
 
While sipping on tea, we discussed our college plans, shared stories, and ranted about “blogger problems.” Then we devoured our pressed French toast with Nutella syrup and caramelized bananas (delish!).
Of course we took pictures of everything, but that’s what bloggers do. I am so excited to have a new friend that understands my need to take pictures of everything and appreciates good lighting as much as me.

 
Such an accurate picture, thanks for capturing this Macey!
 
Today, I attempted to not dress like it's summer but in 80 degree weather that's pretty difficult. I was wearing this black and white chevron shift with black knee high socks and my new brown riding boots. I kept the accessories simple with my favorite Lilly Pulitzer leather cross body, gold monogram  necklace, and gold tone aviators.
 
// Dress: Dillards // Boots: Nine West // Socks: Forever 21 //
Purse: Lilly Pulitzer // Necklace: Etsy // Sunglasses: Nordstroms //
 
One of my favorite things about blogging is how many people I have (virtually) meet that share so much in common with me. Today’s brunch was the first time I actually met, in real life, someone from my blog. It’s crazy to think that without blogging, Macey and I probably would have never met. Thanks to social media I have gained another sweet, preppy, and God-loving friend.
Macey and I share so much in common, even our cars are
twinning (pink monogram and all).
Macey and I are planning to do many collaborations in the near future. I am so excited to get to know her and grow our blogs together. Be sure to follow her on Instagram, @ohmyprep, and me, @monogrammedmadison.

No comments:

Post a Comment