Friday, January 9, 2015

Tea with the Happy Prepster

Yesterday afternoon I had the opportunity to meet the face behind the Happy Prepster, Ali. I was beyond excited to finally meet the brilliant and creative mind that created the monthly scripture cards I have been receiving for months.

 
We met at the much loved Oxford Exchange for afternoon tea. We replaced typical tea-time small talk for conversations about our daily lives, college decisions, our future plans, and even dove into our journeys with Christ.
 
 
It was so refreshing to spend time with someone who completely understands what it’s like to juggle a million things. Ali keeps busy with her demanding school schedule, her successful (and adorable) etsy shop, her encouraging monthly scripture cards (that you need to sign up for because they are amazing), her totally relatable blog, and even has time for a social life. Our crazy schedules made finding a time to meet up a tad difficult, but I am so glad it finally worked out.
I couldn’t help but smile from the moment we sat down because I realized, thanks to the little blog I launched over the summer, I was now enjoying tea with someone I probably never would have meet. Someone who shares so much in common with me (including coordinating Lilly phone cases and planners), has a heart focused on God, and is so sweet. This probably sounds a little sappy considering it was only the first time we had met “in real life,” but it was so nice to finally chat in person, not through a keyboard, with Ali. I am excited to see how our friendship transitions from solely blogger friends to being “real life” friends too.
 

If y’all don’t follow on Ali on Instagram, @thehappyprepster, you definitely need to do that. Also, check out her etsy shop and be sure to sign up for her monthly scripture cards.
 
An #ootd because I'm loving this "winter" weather in Florida
and this brick road was perfect for a picture.
 
Thank you for reading this post. I am so grateful for all of my readers/followers, without your support I wouldn’t have the opportunity to reach such a wide audience and meet (virtually and in real life) wonderful people like yourself.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment