Monday, January 12, 2015

new semester, new habits


Back to school and back to real life. Yesterday night I spent the night nostalgically looking through pictures and reminiscing the memories of winter break. My month long break consisted of lots of laughs, fun afternoons with friends, family time, and lots of delicious food.
As sad as it is to say good bye to sleeping in, I am excited for the semester to start. This is my final semester of high school which means graduation is just around the corner!
Today I wanted to share a few of my new semester resolutions.

{being present}
Of course attendance is one of the most important keys to success in school, but for this resolution I don’t just mean attend class. This semester I’m going to strive to be present while in class which means no phone, no non-school related activity on my laptop, and no distractions.

{ask questions}
I typically am that student who rushes out of class as soon as class is dismissed. This semester I want to be more involved in my class by asking questions and visiting my professors during their office hours.

{study earlier}
I don’t know if it’s just me but I always feel like tests creep up on me. I am understanding the material and then bam the teacher announces a test next class and I have six chapters worth of material to review. This semester I am going to tweak my study habits and begin studying earlier for tests.

{stay active}
Both physically and academically. Although it can be difficult, this semester I am making staying active and going to the gym regularly a priority. Working out is such a stress reliever and is obviously good for your health. I also want to stay academically active by attending tutoring and workshop to help me succeed in my classes.
 
{finish strong}
Like I said, graduation is just a few months away and I have a feeling senoritis will be tempting me lots this semester. I am going to stay focused and try to finish strong.

Well, those are my new semester resolutions. I would love for you to comment below your resolutions for this semester. Best of luck to everyone starting back classes this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment