Monday, January 5, 2015

why I blog?

Many of mornings, afternoons, or late nights are spent
with some hot tea and my laptop, but why?

 
Often times when people find out that I have a blog the first thing they ask is why? I have never really been able to give an answer of much more than “because it’s fun.”
 
I initially started my blog to be fashion centered, but quickly realized that having a fashion blog means needing someone to take pictures of you and requires a lot of planning. Since launching in July, my blog has morphed into, what I believe is called, a lifestyle blog. I use my blog to share about my adventures, my aspirations, and the lessons I have learned.

 
Personally, lifestyle blogs have always been my favorite to read. I love reading about how people spend their days, how they view certain topics, and especial love posts about things they have learned. Back before I launched my blog, I was kind of in awe of people who had lifestyle blogs. I thought it must be really cool to live a life that is so exciting that you can write about it day in and day out.
 
Like I said, my blog was started as a fashion blog. I love clothes and many people compliment me on my style, so I thought that fashion would be my blogging niche. As I continued to blog, I quickly was made aware of just how saturated the blogging world is with young girls and fashion blogs. I also realized that I don’t really have a heart for fashion. While I do love planning outfits and shopping, I don’t necessarily have a passion for fashion.  
 
Once realizing that fashion blogging wasn’t really for me, I just began to write about the things that make me happy. Some of my favorite (and most popular posts) have been the ones where I just grabbed my laptop, headed to a coffee shop, and wrote about what was on my mind.
 
I have come to recognize that even though my life at times seems a little mundane compared to some lifestyle bloggers who travel the world and what not, my life is a gift and is filled with amazing experiences and people. That is why I blog. I blog to share how great life is, not just my life but all of our lives. I blog to share the little things I have discovered in my short seventeen years of living. I blog to share my love of God, going to brunch, and spending time with people that make laugh. I hope my blog inspires people to find the pleasure in the ordinary.
 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this gf! just got your letter and one is comin your way! xoxo

    ReplyDelete