Friday, January 2, 2015

Ringing in the New Year, Auburn Style

First things first, happy New Year! I cannot believe I am writing my first post of 2015. There are many things I am looking forward to this year like the birth of my already stylish little cousin, graduating high school, and heading off to college. Today wanted to share with y’all how I rang in the New Year, Auburn style.

As many of y’all know, I live in Florida which hosts the Outback Bowl every New Year’s Day. This year the Auburn Tigers (and Wisconsin Badgers) came to visit me. I was beyond exciting when I heard that they would be playing here, because Auburn is one of my top choices of colleges.

There were lots of fun events sponsored throughout the week for the Outback Bowl, but I was unfortunately not able to attend any. I did spend New Year’s Eve evening at the Outback Bowl parade. Maddy and I collected beads, jammed to dozens of high school and the college marching bands, and made lots of Auburn friends.
A little pre-parade selfie.

War Eagle!
Bands and beads.
 
After ringing in 2015, I spent New Year’s Day cheering on the tigers with my parents. This was my first Auburn game. From the screams of war eagle to the sound of thousands of shakers to the sea of orange and blue, I continued to fall in love with Auburn. The sense of family and pride I felt with complete strangers was mesmerizing. That feeling of community even remained after an unfortunate loss in overtime.

War Eagle, fearless and true.
A sea of orange and blue.
Shakers gonna shake, shake, shake.
Aubie is the best.
 
A family that yells "war eagle" together,
stays together.

Although I had hoped for a win, Auburn is still a winner in my heart. I couldn’t have ask for a better way to kickoff (see what I did there, haha?) the New Year. Like I said, there is so much to look forward to in 2015. What are you most excited about this year? Also, what kinds of posts would you like to see on my blog this year? Comment below or follow me on Instagram @MonogrammedMadison.
Add caption
 

No comments:

Post a Comment