Sunday, January 11, 2015

Madison at the Market

 
With nice weather, a orning spent at the Saturday morning market downtown only seemed appropriate. My friends Maddy and Celene joined me as we strolled by over 200 vendors. The market is home to such diverse fresh produce, prepared foods, and miscellaneous crafty items.
 
Cold weather means wearing my favorite new sweater
with my go-to plaid scarf and riding boots.
 
I love buying locally. Not only is it much more fun than shopping at a boring grocery store, the produce is much fresher and often is cheaper. Yesterday I picked up a few of my favorites like a pineapple and a couple of mangos.
 


 
Like I said, there are lots of vendors at the market. My favorite thing about the market is all the food you can eat while you are there. From wood fire pizza to fresh empanadas to assorted Greek food to (my favorite) Cuban food, there is too much to choose from. We went early to the market so I wasn’t hungry for lunch yet but couldn’t resist the delicious black beans and rice. I also tried fresh squeezed orange juice and then snacked on some kettle corn. Just now realizing what a weird combination all that is, I wasn’t eating all of that at one time (haha!).
 
After leaving the market, we walked down by the water and chatted as we hung our feet off of the sea wall (and took lots of pictures). Yesterday was such a care-free and fun day. We ate lots and laughed lots, what's better than that.

2 comments: