Monday, July 14, 2014

Am I worthy of God's love?

1 John 4:8 NIV

Last night while spending time with God and reading my devotional book (Jesus Calling by Sarah Young), I began thinking about the question am I worthy of God’s love? When I find myself in situations where I have fallen to temptation or given into sin, I begin to think that I am not worthy or not good enough for God’s love. But being children of God means we don’t have to be perfect and sinless to have God’s love rather that we know God’s grace and know he loves us unconditionally.
For me, when things are going well and I am doing everything “right” it seems easier to believe that I am a child of God and that God really does love me. But when I feel discouraged or fall to sin, I try to fix myself so that God will love me. God’s love is unconditionally. Rather than trying to fix ourselves, we should focus on Christ. The bible says in Psalms 34:5, those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered in shame. God is the ultimate forgiver. We do not need to fix ourselves to be loved by him.
So this upcoming week, I am going to focus more on my relationship with Christ and less on trying to fix myself. I often times find myself concentrating on the mistakes I have made instead of repenting my sins to God, learning from my mistakes, and moving on. After all, is impossible for us to fix ourselves without God. 1 John 1:19 says, if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us of our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. This week I challenge you, myself included, to dive into God’s word and deepen your relationship with Christ.
Thank you for reading. Be sure to follow me on Instagram, @MonogrammedMadison. Also, comment below or on Instagram your thoughts on this blog post.
                                   XOXO,
Monogrammed Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment