Saturday, July 12, 2014

Summertime Saturday

Hi y’all! Today was the best day a girl could ask for. From getting dressed up in Lilly, drinking tea from a tea cup, and walking around the downtown, today was fabulous. A friend and I threw on our favorite Lilly dresses and headed downtown to the Oxford Exchange for brunch. The Oxford Exchange is an eclectic and diverse restaurant, coffee shop, and book store. It has a comfy yet chic vibe. For more information, click here.


The Oxford Exchange in Tampa, Fl.
 
It was a Lilly dress and heels kinda day.
(Featuring: Call Me Kitty Cat Ferra dress and
Resort White Spritz Lottie dress)
 
For brunch, I ordered the Florida orange blossom green tea (this Florida girl loves her some orange blossom) and strawberry short stack. The strawberry buttermilk pancakes were topped with citrus basil sweet cream. The meal was beyond delicious and perfect for summertime!
 
Yes, I was being that girl taking pictures of her food
but how cute are these pancakes; they are pink!
 
Sipping on my delicious tea; pinkies up!
Following the delicious brunch, my friend and I looked through the adorable bookshop which is filled with a variety of classics and modern books. Personally, I am not much of a reader but I do love a good coffee table book. When I found this book, I may have squealed just a little. The book is titled Preppy. The foreword was written by the queen of prep herself, Ms. Lilly Pulitzer. I am slightly addicted to Gossip Girl (actually really addicted), so seeing Chuck and Blair in this book excited me as well.
My friend and I flipping through the book Preppy.
 
Spotted: Chuck and Blair in the book Preppy.
 
After we finished up at the Oxford Exchange, we took a stroll through the downtown area and through the University of Tampa. The campus is very historical and has lots of brick which I just adore. We laughed and took lots of pictures as we explored around downtown.
The beautiful University of Tampa.
 
OOTD:
Dress: Lilly Pulitzer (past season)
Necklace: Etsy
Shoes: Payless
I had such a fun and fabulous day enjoying tasty food, good laughs, and exploring pretty places. This is one of my favorite ways to spend a Saturday. Be sure to follow me on Instagram @MonogrammedMadison to see more #ootds and fun adventures. Thanks for reading and comment below your favorite way to spend a Saturday!
Xoxo,
Monogrammed Madison

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments: