Thursday, July 17, 2014

Salty Air & Sun Kissed Hair

Another summer day has passed which means more summer fun. I have been feeling adventurous and have been attempting to do some of the things that I always say I want to do. Growing up in Florida means spending countless days with my toes in the sand and salt in my hair. Every time I head to the beach I say I want to rent a kayak and finally I did it!

I grabbed my oversized monogrammed tank and Lilly Pulitzer tote and fifteen minutes later I was at the beach ready to kayak. Talk about an amazingly relaxing afternoon. The view was absolutely breathtaking.

 
My kayaking journey was not complete without my monogrammed sun hat, sunglasses with croakies, and wristlet. Thanks to my functional and adorable sun hat I was able to keep the sun off my shoulders and successfully managed not to get sunburnt (yay!). My croakies proved to be handy once again. I have such a fear of my sunglasses falling off and sinking to the bottom of the ocean, so these Lilly Pulitzer croakies are definitely an essential of mine. Lastly, I love this Lilly Pulitzer neoprene wristlet which housed my phone and money while I kayaked. This wristlet is the perfect size and easy to keep track of when being outside.
Sun hat: Marley Lilly  
Sunglasses: Nordstrom’s
Croakies: Lilly Pulitzer (similar)
Wristlet: Lilly Pulitzer

Staying hydrated is always important especially when being outside during the summer. I sipped on this refreshing drink while kayaking. This fruit infused water is super easy and tasty. I filled up a mason jar (any cup or water bottle is good) with ice water and added two slices of lemon, three slices of cucumber, and a few mint leaves. I made this the night before so the flavors had the chance to become infused into the water. This summer has been filled with lots of different flavors of fruit infused waters. Have you ever tried fruit infused water? If so, what’s your favorite flavor?

 
As I kayaked back to the rental place, I saw all of these different kind of rentals like peddle boats and stand up paddleboards. I had such a great time kayaking. I hope to do it again soon and maybe try stand up paddle boarding.

Thanks for reading! Be sure to follow me on Instagram @MonogrammedMadison. Comment below or on Instagram your favorite water activity.

XOXO,
Monogrammed Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment